The title lies. There ain’t anything grand in this post.
I don’t really set New Year Resolutions. I’m not any more likely to stick to my decisions just because I made them at the beginning of the year. So yeah, no resolutions from yours truly. But I thought I’d do a quick recap of 2016 and provide an equally quick outline of my tentative plans for this year.
2016 had its ups and downs for me. Just like every other person, I imagine. Technically, there was more good stuff than bad. To be precise, there are only two specific matters that I’d consider ‘bad’ enough to be worthy of mention. The rest was all good (though I’m glad I don’t live in the US because this year would be a hella lot worse then). Unfortunately, both of those things are the sort that’s going to haunt me for a long time even though the worst is over.
Well, that wasn’t vague at all. Anyway, moving on…
It’s been six months since D Talks Anime has been up and running, and I have to say that I’m pleasantly surprised to find myself more in love with blogging than ever before. I’m not the most active blogger and until recently, I only posted once a week. But still, the amount of recognition I’ve received – though it’s nothing compared to most others out there – makes me ridiculously happy. I’m more grateful that I can adequately articulate to my fellow bloggers. You guys are great.
- Get my Bachelor’s. This should be easy unless I totally bomb my final semester. I really hope that won’t happen.
- Get into a certain college I’ve been salivating over for my graduate course. This will be harder since academia is poisonous pit but I’ll try my best.
- Put on some muscle. My arms and legs are fine but my stomach is pitiful. I want defined abs, is that too much to ask? Get your shit together, D!
- Post more and faster. I’ve got 5 shows left from 2016 to review. I need to speed up.
- Try to add more variety to the content.
- Make time to find and read more blogs.
Well that’s it. Reasonable goals, right? Here’s hoping I can stick to them.